Thursday, April 28, 2016

Carp and bass

It was rainy today, and I went fishing again. I visited three ponds, and had a good time to catch multiple bass.

At first, I caught a big carp with a favorite lure of mine, Pico Pop (silver flash with black back and scale). I saw my bait disappear with no blow-up, so I thought it would be a big bass. I never thought of other species, as most catfish (as well as snakehead) bite on baits with big splash (you know, they behave badly) and my lures are too big for carp to bite. I must say fight with a big carp is much harder than that of bass, but they never try to jump and tail-walk, which makes carp fishing uninteresting to me.


After I caught this carp, it began to rain harder. I changed lures to Lucky 13 (SS), I gave a little harder actions than usual with slightly longer pauses. I caught two bass in a row with the same bait.

 

Bass Oreno also worked fine. This bass flicked my Bass Oreno a couple of times, and at last when I saw it go underwater, I set a hook hard.



I thought I could find one of the best patterns of today. Lively, but slow-and-steady actions with darting type poppers (darters) was it. I cast this Lucky 13 (JRH) into a small spot between floating weeds and shore, and irritated this bass, too.


This bass was the largest among the bass I caught today. I gave the same actions to a wood Lucky 13 (L). The blow-up and fight this bass showed were perfect, and I felt greatly pleased to catch it.

Rain drops on the lens are annoying!


   
Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5500C (BLK), Phillipson 3M B7L1 custom, Daiwa Sight Surf #5, Chugger Spook, Pico Pop, Lucky 13, Bass Oreno, Wood Lucky 13, SOS, etc.
BF=5/8/12

No comments:

Post a Comment