Saturday, May 16, 2015

Spinning tackle

Recently I'm getting more and more interested in spinning tackle to use for so-called "topwater minnowing". I've just finished restoring two spinning rods, one is 5'6" and the other is 6'4", both made by Phillipson.


As for reels, I'm wondering which one to go with. I like small ABU Cardinal reels very much and have some for fishing and collection. 


ABU Cardinal 52 or 152?

Or Japan made, 752 series?

The green 752 is my first ABU Cardinal reel. I picked it up when I traveled the US for the first time in the late 1980s. 

I have another reel in mind that I'm now more interested in. It is a brand-new reel from ABU,  506 MK II. These closed-face spinning (under spin) look fantastic, but they're a little heavy. I wish they can make a similar reel in much smaller size.

No comments:

Post a Comment