Friday, May 15, 2015

Oh, my Budda

I took compensatory leave today and of course went fishing. 

In the first farm pond, I spent about one hour but I got skunked. Then, I visited the second where I fished for the first time and I was not sure bass inhabit there. It is located in a mountain and has a nice atmosphere. Maybe due to the typhoon which passed this week, the water looked muddy, so I cast bright color lures. 


About 15 minutes after I started, I got a small bite with a Heddon Chugger Spook in XRY color, but could not tell what kind of fish it was. It may be a catfish, bluegill, or bass. I kept fishing and fished almost all the shores of the pond. As always, I fished topwater, but as I decided to go home and retrieved my lure (Heddon Magnum Tiger) fast.Then it dived underwater, and I got an unexpected big bite (I first thought it was snagged). It was a big bass, and I enjoyed the hard fight with it. I caught it once by hand just near my float tube, but it ran wild and I got my hand off of it. When I caught the line and was about to catch it with my fish grip again, it ran wilder again, broke my line, and went deeper with my lure.I should have been much more patient and careful. I got totally discouraged, and I hope the bass can unhook the lure and survive.


I'd like to prepare a landing net next time...

Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000CDL (High Speed), Phillipson RL64LS, Stren 14lb (Clear/Blue Fluorescent), Jitterstick, Zara Spook, Pico Pop, Meadow Mouse, Chugger Spook, Magnum Tiger, etc. 
BF=4/7

No comments:

Post a Comment