Saturday, May 2, 2015

Repairing handles

I've just finished repairing two of my old Phillipson casting handles. One was replacing cork grips, and it was a very easy job (far side one). The other was a little complicated. It had a broken trigger whose tip had gone off. I decided to make a new trigger using regin.

At first, I drilled a small hole on the base of the trigger. The base was flatly cut off, and I could easily make a hole in it.

Then, I made a center core using a small screw and put some epoxy resin around it to roughly mold the original shape of the trigger. After the resin was hardened, I filed and sanded it, and at last I finished painting it in black this morning. 

The finish looks so so, and I expect it is firm enough. I'm looking forward to using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment