Saturday, May 30, 2015

Devil's Horse

Last night, I thought about taking up using three-hooker prop baits, and put a Smithwick Devil's Horse together with other lures in my tackle box. I like to add an extra washer on the tail of this bait, by which I expect the tail prop can squeak more loudly.

 
I left my place at 03:40 and went fishing. On the way, I saw a pack of foxes. I guess it was a family, as 2-3 of them were very little young. They showed a great deal of curiosity to my car and won't move for a while. I slowed down and passed them. Anyway, I got to a pond.

As always, I started with a noisy bait (Jointed Jitterbug) before the sun rose, and then switched to Devil's Horse. While I fished, I saw something move between the trees just nearby the pond. I carefully looked at it and found it was a raccoon. I sometimes see Japanese raccoons, but it was the first time for me to see a raccoon (common raccoon, a non-native here). I was afraid bass would get scared by it, and I glided away from there.

Then I fished another area of the same pond. When I cast the Devil's Horse to a near-shore shallow spot and gave it a few small twitches, I got a big blow-up on it. It was the nicest and most admirable reaction from bass in this season. I enjoyed fighting with it, and felt happy to catch it.

   
Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000CDL (High Speed), Phillipson Royal RC60, Stren 14lb (Clear/Blue Fluorescent), Jointed Jitterbug and Devil's Horse (I used only two lures today). 
BF=6/11

No comments:

Post a Comment