Thursday, May 5, 2016

Grow fast

We have three-day holidays now. I went on a short-time fishing trip on 3 May, but got skunked. I wanted to go again yesterday, but it was so windy that I gave it up. Today, I went fishing again. I got up before 04:00 AM and left home at 04:15.

It's been warm this spring and water vegetation grew much faster than I expected in every pond. I started with lures with treble hooks (Original Zara Spook and Wounded Spook), but every time I cast them, they're tangled with floating or submerged weeds. I don't go out with so many weedless type lures at this time of the year, but luckily I found a wood Lucky 13, on which treble hooks were replaced to double ones.

I cast it to a small spot near the shore and paused for a few seconds. Something small struck it, it but didn't take the bait underwater. It hit again, but didn't touch any of the hooks again.

I kept casting, and all of the sudden, my bait disappeared with a good amount of splash. I set a hook hard, and enjoyed fighting with it. It was a nice bass just as I expected.


In the back of the pond, floating weeds were much thicker. Even the 'weedless' Lucky 13 couldn't escape from the evil tentacles of weeds, so I took a frog (Bill Plummer Bass Frog) from my box. As might be expected, frog lures are good to fish with in such confused areas. A bass, not so big but well-muscled one, rushed to my frog and swallowed it. Enjoy the nice blow-up of it.



After I caught this bass, I visited two more ponds but couldn't catch any more fish. Anyway, I fully enjoyed topwater fishing with stars in my eyes and went back.


Today's tackle: ABU 5000 CDL (86, high-speed), Phillipson Stream Knight SK64LS w/ STTS grip, Daiwa Sight Surf #5, Original Zara Spook, Wounded Spook, Wood Lucky 13, Harrison Bass Frog, Pico Pop, etc.

BF=6/11/14

No comments:

Post a Comment