Sunday, May 29, 2016

Gentle rain

Just after lunch, I noticed it started to rain gently. I decided to go short-time fishing in a small pond that I found while I was trail-running the other day. I remember I saw some bluegill swimming there, which might suggest some bass would live there as well. It was the first time for me to fish there, so I took proven lures with me.

At first, I got some subtle bites and I was thinking they're bluegill. After a little while, the rain got a little harder and bites from fish got bigger. After I changed lures to a Pico Pop, I could hook up a couple of vigorous bass. I fished all the way around the pond twice for about one hour, and I could catch a total of four bass. Even the largest one was about 1-1/4 lb or so, but I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon fishing. I also spotted a nicer bass swimming in a shallow area, so I'd like to fish again in this pond.



Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000 De Luxe, Phillipson Royal RC60, Daiwa Sight Surf #4, Heddon Chugger Spook, Lucky 13, Zara Spook, Wounded Spook, Pico Pop, etc.
BF=10/18/28

No comments:

Post a Comment