Saturday, May 7, 2016

Carp again?

I headed off to a different area today. I started fishing at 04:30 AM, but got no reactions from fish in the first and second ponds. Then, I drove to the third one. It is a very small pond, in which you can finish casting to all of the spots in 10-15 minutes. I almost gave up catching a fish today, but I had an idea to try a shallow back part of the pond at last. There, I happened to see near-shore grasses slightly move. I thought it a carp again, though the pond was different. Anyway, I cast a Pico Pop, steadily gave it a couple of chugging actions, and paused it. "Bang", I got a big blow-up as I expected, and I could finally catch a nice aged bass. I felt happy it was not a carp, but a bass.

This bass had white eyes, maybe almost blind due to old age. I guess this is a reason the blow-up was so overblown. I said to myself that "Best of luck to you!", and released it.


After I finished this pond, I went to another pond, but I got skunked there. In the end, all I could get was the only one bite from the fish above. I think I have to search new ponds where more bass are active.


Today's tackle: ABU 5500C (BLK), Mr Don 'Dog Fighter' MW59N w/ STTS grip, Daiwa Sight Surf #5, Original Zara Spook, Wounded Spook, Lucky 13, Bass Oreno, Crab Wiggler, Pico Pop, etc. 
BF=7/12/15
 

No comments:

Post a Comment