Sunday, May 15, 2016

Slump?

I drove to some ponds yesterday to try to search another bass-fishing heaven. I visited more than eight ponds, among which I fished three, and totally got skunked. I got no bites at all. I'm afraid I was trying to enjoy fishing where no bass inhabited.

I went fishing again today. I found a small pond while I was jogging the other day, and I decided to get my line wet there. I saw many schools of fish there, but they're not bass but carp and gibels. I felt like giving up catching a bass, but happened to find another smaller pond on the far side. It was too muddy, but I gave it a go there, too. I exchanged lures to a chartreuse Pico Pop, as this color often works fine in muddy waters. On the third cast, this bass violently bit my bait. It has red eyes, which I don't catch very often around my place.


At the end of fishing, I let my rod and reel go into water by mistake. Fortunately, I could immediately pick them up, but the water was so muddy that I had to overhaul my reel after I got back. It seems I'm in a slump period now.


Today's tackle: ABU 5500C (BLK), Phillipson 3M B7L1 custom, Daiwa Sight Surf #5, Zara Spook, Pico Pop, etc. 
BF=8/14/16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment