Saturday, August 6, 2016

Weedy spot

We have had little rain these days, but it rained for some ten minutes last night. I hoped the rain would stimulate appetite of bass and decided to go fishing.

I got no reactions in near-shore spots at all, so I supposed bass could migrate around floating vegetation. I tried to cast my bait to small area between weed and weed, and retrieved slowly and steadily. A nice bass suddenly rushed to my Pico Pop just like the one I caught last week. It dived into weeds, but I finally landed it.


I also got a bite with my frog lure, but I couldn't hook it up. Then, I found another weedy area and cast my Zara Spook to a small open spot. I waited until the water surface became calm, and two dog-walk actions with twitching/diving. This action was a bingo! Another nice bass grabbed it away, and headed to weedy areas. I set a hook hard and reeled hard to make the fish turn this way. The fish showed a good fight, but I could catch it. Pencil baits and chugging baits (poppers) are my favorite, and I've been lucky to be able to catch bass with these lures in this summer season.




Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000C (I chose this log-geared reel to save retrieving speed), Phillipson 3M B7L1 custom, Stren Clear Blue 12lb, Heddon Big Bud, Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, 210, Magnum Torpedo, Pico Pop, Mann's Popper, etc. 
BF=23/33/55

No comments:

Post a Comment