Sunday, August 7, 2016

Reinforced-rig Zara Spook

I often use old Zara Spook lures these days. Among them, I like to cast ones with reinforced-rigs, which are so called "Second version Zara Spook" in Japan. Of course I like their dog-walk actions combined with brisk diving, but the reason I chose them in summer is...their snag-less shape and weight. Branches and leaves of overhung trees are so thick and dense during this season, but these baits are very hard to be caught by them. If you use lighter lures, they're easy to be snagged. These Second version Zara Spooks are the heaviest among similar Zara Spook lures (except for larger Super Spooks), and most snag-less, I believe. I'm now wondering which ones to put into my box next.

       

4 comments:

  1. Hello I have been looking everywhere for the chartreuse reinforced zara spook. Do you know where i can get one? Would you be willing to sell one of yours? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lures are not for sale. I've collected them one by one for years, some were from my collector friends, some were from auctions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok thanks. If you come by any others and want to help me with my search, I would be grateful. I cant believe you fish them! Brave man. Mine are hanging on the wall. Tight lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment. I like both collecting and using old fishing tackle, and I use the Zara Spooks very often. Good Fishing to you, too.

    ReplyDelete