Monday, July 18, 2016

To pick up something I forgot yesterday

Due to the memorable blow-ups I got yesterday with a Zara Spook I decided to go to the same pond again today. Yes, I made another try using the same bait and the same tackle.

I started before 04:00 am and got a bite with my Jointed Jitterbug when I was slowly retrieving it around a shallow flat area in the pond. I missed the bite and, and I gave up using the bait. I tried some other lures, but I got no hits at all. 

Then, I headed the same inlet as yesterday, and took a deep breath when I got there. I was ready. The first cast, no reaction. I cast to the back-most spot again, waited several seconds, and gave two dog-walking actions to my Zara Spook. Yes, the water exploded as I expected, and a fat bass fought hard with me. How happy I was, as I could enjoy fishing as I planned! The bass was a little larger than that I caught yesterday. I got entirely satisfied with today's fishing, and stopped fishing before 05:30 am.   


Today's tackle: ABU 5500C (black), Phillipson 3M B7L1 custom, Stren Clear Blue 14lb, Heddon 2nd Zara Spook, SOS, Zig Wag, Chugger Spook, Lucky 13, Fred Arbogast Jointed Jitterbug, etc.
BF=19/28/46

No comments:

Post a Comment