Saturday, July 23, 2016

New reel

I went fishing this morning again. Today, I guided a friend of mine in two ponds that I have often fished these years. 

As soon as we started, he almost caught a nice bass (today's biggest one) with his Zara Spook, but it went away just before landing. Fish were so-so active, and we  enjoyed topwater fishing from the scratch to the end. It was luckily both caught bass, though no fish were big.




Today, I tried a Shakespeare reel for the first time. Thinking of reels I've used, it was for the first time for me to use a non-ABU baitcasting reel for my bass fishing in these 30 years. The reel (Sigma 002) is super light, and very nice to use long-hour fishing.


Today's tackle: Shakespeare Sigma 002, Mr Don 'Dog Fighter' MW59N w/ STTS grip, Daiwa Sight Surf #4, Original Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Pico Pop, etc. 
BF=21/30/51

No comments:

Post a Comment