Sunday, July 17, 2016

Prop bait

We now have a three-day weekend, but I had to go to work yesterday morning and couldn't go fishing. Today, I went for a short-time fishing just early in the morning.

I started at 04:00 am before the sun rose, and keep casting Big Bud for a while. The water was warm, and the water level was going low. When it got glimmer of sun light, I decided to fish a small inlet. I long-cast a Wounded Spook, paused several seconds, and gave a few twitches. Bang! I got a big blow-up, and a nice bass fought hard. I could catch the bass, and noticed I caught a fish with a prop bait for the first time during this fishing season.


I cast a Zara Spool (CHT) again to the inlet, and then it was knocked over and blown into the air twice. The bite was so heady that I couldn't set a hook at all. It was a dramatic topwater fishing, though I couldn't catch it.

Then, I visited another pond but got skunked there. I got home at 06:30 am, and would like to have a good rest from now.


Today's tackle: ABU 5500C (black), Phillipson 3M B7L1 custom, Stren Clear Blue 14lb, Heddon Big Bud, Original Zara Spook, 2nd Zara Spook, Wounded Spook, Lucky 13, Chugger Spook, Pico Pop, etc.
BF=18/27/45

No comments:

Post a Comment