Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Body check

I weighed some of my 'Heddon Dowagiac era' Lucky 13 lures to know their variation of weight.

Color SS, neck-bound mold,  made of bone material

Color PG, neck-bound mold, made of clear material

Color D, neck-bound mold, made of clear material

Color SS, lengthwise-bound mold, made of clear material

Color PG, lengthwise-bound mold, made of clear material

Color D, lengthwise-bound mold, made of clear material

Color NBL, lengthwise-bound mold, made of bone material, hooks are replaced


Older neck-bound ones are light, while newer lengthwise-bound ones are heavy (I guess present Pradco ones are much lighter, but I don't refer them here). I'm surprised to see the biggest difference show about 4g (1/8 oz or more). As is often the case with older ones, they can react very lively as you twitch, which presumably derives from their light body weight, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment