Friday, September 11, 2015

After so long

I took a paid summer holiday today, and went fishing early in the morning. I left home at 04:20 and I started at 05:00. Daybreak is getting later and later, before I knew it. 


I started with black-colored lures. I first tested a Wounded Spook in XBW, and soon changed it to a Zara Spook in the same color. I got a nice hit with it, but couldn't hooked up the fish. When the sky brightened up for me enough to tie lines without a flashlight, I picked up a Sweet 16 from my tackle box. I cast it, paused it, and twitched it a few times, then the water suddenly showed a splendid blow-up. I expected a big fish, but soon I found it not so. I touched fish for the first time in two months. I said to my self, "Size doesn't matter."


I caught a few more with with the same lure and a Heddon Magnum Tiger, but all were small. This fish (below) rushed at my bait from the bottom just nearby myself, and I was very surprised.


I guess this fish was the biggest among what I caught today (with a Pico Pop). I cast it into a small spot of tree shades, and gave very slow actions steadily. It showed a good blow-up, too, and I enjoyed the fight with it.


All in all, a bad day fishing is much better than a good day of work. How much better, I caught some fish!

 
Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5500C (Black), Phillipson Regal Lancer RL64LS, Stren 14lb (Clear/Blue Fluorescent), Heddon Wounded Spook, 210, Original Zara Spook, Magnum Tiger, Chugger Spook, Eger Sweet 16, Smithwick Devil's Horse F300, Pico Pop, Bark Bassassin, etc.
BF=14/22

No comments:

Post a Comment