Saturday, September 28, 2013

Brrr

Because of the northern wind and radiation cooling, it was too cold this morning. I wore an under-shirt and pants, and a soft-shell jacket for the first time this fall season, but it sure was cold. However, the water was warm enough, and some active bass played with me.

While it was still dark, I cast a Heddon 210 in CDF, but no fish reacted. Then I tied a Gilmore Hoodler in a gizzard shad color, cast it, and gave it a quivering action on the water surface. Big splash suddenly occurred, and a good bass pulled the bait into the water. It was a good fight, though the bass was not so big, and I enjoyed a lot.  


I was very much pleased with today's fishing after catching this fish with one of my favorite wood baits, so I tried an unsual lure for fun. I've not used it for long, but I have many of them. Yes, Bomber Speed Shad. A prop is attached on the tail of almost all of my Speed Shad lures, and I like using them as a topwater bait. Its action is very shad-like, and some young bass could not but jump to it to bite. I caught a few bass and lost a few, too. I got completely satisfied and went home. 

     
Today's tackle: ABU 5000 DL, Fenwick Lunker Gear LGX 38C, Stren 14lb (Hi-Vis gold), Heddon 210, Lucky 13, Zara Spook, Gilmore Hoodler, Bomber Speed Shad (w/ prop on the tail), etc. 
  BF=13/24

No comments:

Post a Comment