Friday, September 13, 2013

Never give up

I'll go on a trip from tomorrow to attend an ultra-marathon, and I took a day off today to prepare for it. In the morning, I could spare time, so I decided  to go fishing in the ponds near my plave. Some small fish bit my lures, but I could not catch any in the first and second ponds.

I almost gave up catching a fish today, but tried the third pond (I did not want to give up anything before the ultra-marathon race). Anyway, I drove half an hour and got to the third pond. The water level was high there and it was full of muddy water. When I find the water having got muddier than before, I often choose chartreuse-colored lures, and this time I tied a Heddon Chugger Spook in YSL, Yellow (chartreuse) Snake Line color.

When I first cast it, I got a reaction from fish and the water blew up. However, I could not set a hook, because the fish was so small that it could not pull my bait into the water completely. After retrieving the bait, I thought, "This pond may be good." Then, I swam to another point, and long-cast the YSL Chugger Spook to a shore spot under a tree. I waited for a couple of seconds, and slowly but steadily retrieved it. When I reeled 4-5 yards from the shore, this fish suddenly grabbed away my bait with a big water explosion. I did set a hook hard before I knew it, and started to enjoy the fight. It was a very fat fish (4 lb or so), and fought very hard. I was very happy to be able to catch it and laughed.



As I expected, fish in the third pond were very active and I caught several more. Some attacked my lure like volleyball, and even tried to hold it a few times to bite. I first planned to spare only a few hours for fishing, but I enjoyed fishing on the water for longer than 5 hours. Although I have to have a rest today for the marathon...


Today's tackle: ABU 5000 DL, Fenwick 2053 (Fenglass Lunkerstik), Stren 14lb (Hi-Vis gold), Heddon Chugger Spook, Wounded Spook, Zara Spook, Pico Pop, etc. 
  BF=11/22

No comments:

Post a Comment