Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wounded Spook SD

I spared a couple of early-morning hours for fishing before I left my place to work today. I visited three ponds, and got skunked in the first two. In the last pond, I finally got a bite on a Heddon Wounded Spook I cast under a tree, but it was when I was looking aside from my lure. I reflexively set a hook, but it was not so strong that the fish went away when it jumped out of the water. I retrieved the lure hooking nothing, and was very disappointed to miss the fish. 

I almost gave up catching a fish, but when I cast the same lure to another point (about 10m away from the first point) under tree covers and gave actions a few times, I got another hit. This time, I strongly set a hook to be sure to catch it. I first thought the fish was small, but the fight was good and I had a hard time to land it. When it came just around me, I saw only one part of the tail treble hook catch the mouth of the fish, so I decided to take time to carefully land it. It was not so fat and big, but a good fighter with a big tail fin. It was very lucky for me to get a second chance today.


Today's tackle: ABU 5000 DeLuxe, Fenwick 2053, Stren 14lb (Hi-Vis Gold), Heddon Zara Spook, Wounded Spook, Pico Pop, etc. 
  BF=2/11

No comments:

Post a Comment