Saturday, September 1, 2012

Good rain, good fishing

It was the last day of August yesterday and I ran 40 minutes in the evening. My total running distance in the month surpassed 200 km, and I'm feeling it is not so bad. I decided to go fishing this weekend, and I went to bed as early as possible.

It started to rain at midnight around my place. Yes, I strongly awaited the rains! I got up before 03:00 AM and went out with my usual fishing tackle, a Gore-tex rain hat and jacket. It made me feel great just imagining what it would be like to fish in the rain in this season of the year.

It was still dark when I started fishing, and a small bass grabbed my Jointed Jitterbug (yellow shore) just after my third casting. I felt easier in my mind to catch a bass, and then, I cast the same lure long (but softly) to a deeper shore of the pond. I waited until the waves of the water surface disappeared, and when I slowly started retrieving it, rotating the reel handle a couple of times, the water surface splashed with a dull crash sound. I set a hook hard, and carefully landed the fish. It was still dark, and I felt difficulties to find how long I had already reeled the line and it was still left at the other side of the rod. Anyway, the fish (over 4lb) seemed to have a lot of drive and almost swallowed my lure. 


 I changed lures and tied a Heddon Zara Spook in CHT (chartreuse) color. I long-cast it over a tip of a small cape, and immediately after I gave it a dog-walk action two or three times, another big splash broke out. I did know it was very shallow there, so I gently lead the fish to swim in the direction of the deeper water. It was very lucky for me to catch it (a little lighter than 4 lb) as well.

I also caught some more bass but they were not so big. I could spare more time for fishing today, but I decided to start home around 07:00 AM, because heard distant ramble of thunders.
 

Today's tackle: 
ABU Ambassadeur 5500C (1982, BLK), Fenwick Boron-X (XC-554), Stren 14lb (Hi-Vis Gold), Fred Arbogast Jointed Jitterbug, Heddon NLT Zara Spook (2nd), Chugger Spook, Zara Spook, Zara II, Wood Lucky 13, Wounded Spook, Cotton Cordell Big-O, etc.
BF=12/21

No comments:

Post a Comment