Friday, September 7, 2012

Freshwater jellyfish

I happened to find a school of a freshwater jellyfish in a pond where I fished for the first time. It was also the first time for me to see them up close. I saw many, presumably 400-500 of them floating in the water surface. Very strange animal in the water.


I caught no fish in this pond, though I bought some bites. In another pond, I caught some small bass. I also almost caught a nice one, maybe 3-1/2 lb class. I could touch the body of it to land, but it abruptly ran wild so that I had to let it go.

Today's tackle:
ABU Ambassadeur 5500C (palming black), Fenwick HMG Iron Hawk Graphite (HFC-555), Stren 14lb (Hi-Vis Gold), Fred Arbogast Jointed Jitterbug, Genuine Crankbait co. Walkin' Didee, Heddon Chugger Spook, Zara Spook, etc.
BF=13/22

No comments:

Post a Comment