Saturday, May 28, 2011

High expectations, but

Now, a typhoon is approaching here and it has been raining calmly since yesterday. I expected fish would be more active than usual, and went fishing with my favorite tackle. However, things were not so cut-and-dried, and......I got skunked. Only one fish I saw today was a nice bass that followed my wood Lucky 13, but it never caught up my lure.

While I was fishing, I felt something was wrong with my reel, and I overhauled it after I got back. I found one of the centrifugal brake block (a very small part) was broken and went into a cog inside the reel. I cleaned it up and replaced the block with a new one. The reel was made more than 50 years ago, but it is still working very fine. I'd like to take care of it for many years to come.

BF=5/7

No comments:

Post a Comment