Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cloudy in the morning, shinny later

Today, I wanted to use an underwater case for my digital camera for the first time after I bought it, and I decided to go to a clear-water pond located around the top of a mountain.
It was cloudy early in the morning, but fish were much slower than I expected. I could manage to get a bite, and caught a nice bass with a Chugger Spook in WBSRG (white black spots with red gill) color. She was long (48cm), but a little skinny (about 3lb, maybe she was post-spawning).

Then, I visited two more ponds, but it gradually cleared up, though I expected it would continue cloudy. I ended up getting skunked in both of them, despite all my efforts to keep casting many kinds of topwater lures.

Today's tackle:
ABU 4600 Plus (4600FL) & Fenwick 2053, ABU 84- Record & Fenwick SP634 (custom-built), Stren 12 and 14lb (Hi-Vis Gold), Heddon Chugger Spook, Zara Spooks (1st, 2nd and 3rd), Zara II, Wounded Spook, Magnum Torpedo, Meadow Mouse, 210, etc.
BF=3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment