Friday, June 23, 2017

Super Frog

I started fishing in a muddy pond. I got two bites there and one of them was a very big blow-up that volleyed my Zara Spook one foot above the water. Anyway, I got skunked there and in another nearby pond as well.

Then, I visited a clearer pond for a change. Immediately I could catch a small bass and a bluegill with a Chugger Spook in an open area. 


I made my floating-tube way to a weedy area, and I changed lures to a weedless frog (an old Harrison's Super Frog). I cast it and let it pause until all  the water ripples disappeared. In the meantime, I saw a big bullfrog start to chase my frog. When I gave a few small actions to my frog, the bullfrog came nearer and near, but I felt it gave up jumping into my frog after careful consideration. Before I knew the reason, a big bass hit my frog and pulled it into water. I set a hook and fought with it for a while, and finally caught it. Now, I believe the bullfrog saw the bass underwater and hesitated to turn a prey over the bass. Otherwise, the bass made haste to eat my frog before the bullfrog hit it. Anyway, it was a lot of fun to fish with a plastic frog on weedy area during this season of the year.



Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000C, Phillipson #705, Stren Clear-blue 14lb, Heddon Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Harrison Super Frog, etc.
BF=14/26/21

No comments:

Post a Comment