Friday, June 9, 2017

Daytime bass

I took a day off today. I was thinking to go to a big lake or down south to enjoy fishing a whole day, but I had to give it up due to a morning chore.

I visited two ponds very early in the morning, but got no bites at all. Then, I got back to finish the chore, took breakfast, and then went fishing in a different place. It was shiny, and the sun was already above my head. Under these conditions, it's difficult to catch bass in open areas, so I tried to cast my baits into small shadow spots overhung with trees ore vegetation. 

The first bite was on my Wounded Spook in bull frog color. I got a small blow-up, set a hook, and caught the fish without any difficulties.  


As I was afraid, I got no reactions at all in open areas in the pond, so I changed lures to a Crazy Crawler. I drove it into smaller shadow spots and kept giving it subtle throbbing actions. Suddenly, I got a nice bite and set a hook immediately to let the fish be apart from the fallen trees. The fish was bigger than I expected, and was a good fighter.


After I finished fishing all the areas in this pond, I visited two more ponds but got skunked there. I got tired to go around many places, it was a good fishing day. 



Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000 De Luxe, Fenwick 2054, Daiwa Sight Surf #5 (yellow), Heddon Wounded Spook, Crazy Crawler, Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, etc.
BF=12/23/16

No comments:

Post a Comment