Saturday, June 3, 2017

Nice 5 lb. bass

Today, I visited an area a little far from my house. We had short-time but heavy rainfalls on Wednesday and Thursday, so water there got too muddy. Under such conditions, I believe chartreuse or black color works best. I tied a chartreuse Zara Spook and started fishing.

My hunch proved right!  My bait disappeared from my sight as soon as I saw a big explosion with heavy vacuuming sound on the water surface. I immediately found it a big bass. It was a very hard fighter, but I finally caught it. I guess the fish tried to bite my bait from the head part, and the line-tie eye reached throat of the fish. This fish (about 5lb in weight) is my seasonal biggest one, and I headed home on a high note.



Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000C (1975, beveled rims), Phillipson #705, Stren clear-blue 12lb, Heddon 2nd Zara Spook, Wounded Spook, Bass Oreno, etc. 
BF=10/21/13

No comments:

Post a Comment