Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sweetest spot

It's Saturday, and of course I went fishing early in the morning. After I left home, I noticed I made a small fool of myself, as I left my waders in the drying area of my house. I headed back and left home again.

The sun already rose when I started fishing. Floating weeds are growing in the pond I visited, and it was very difficult to cast with keeping them out. I had a hard time to cast accurately.

Incidentally, if you get to this sweetest spot in a pond, what kind of lure and to which point do you cast?



With no doubt, the hottest point is just the small area between the fallen tree and bank. I was thinking to change lures to a weedless frog (Harrison Frog or Snag Proof SK Frog), but I changed my mind, as I thought trembling action of lively hard plastic bait would work better in such a small spot. I cast a Lucky 13 from the right side, paused it for several minutes until the water surface got calm, and gave a few subtle dancing actions to it. Huge explosion! A nice bass, which was quietly hiding just beneath the floating vegetation, jumped to my bait. I hurriedly set a hook and reeled my line. I first thought it would be a snakehead (or a large frog), but it was a fat bass in about 3-1/2lb. I could get only this fish today, and it was the sole reaction from fish, but I could enjoy a lot.



Today's tackle: ABU Ultra Mag II, Fenwick GFC-555 w/ STTS grip, Stren Clear Blue 12lb, Original Zara Spook, Lucky 13, Chugger Spook, Harrison Frog, Snag Proof SK frog, etc.

BF=15/23/38

No comments:

Post a Comment