Friday, August 22, 2014

Family trip

I took a two-day family trip in west Japan this week.
I could spare time to go fishing early in the morning of the second day. I got out from our hotel before the sun rose, and enjoyed fishing for a very short hours before breakfast.

When I got to a pond, it was still so dark that I started casting a Big Bud from the shore. I could catch a small bass with it, and I felt very happy not to get skunked. It was the first time in these years since I caught a bass from the shore last time.


As soon as it got light enough to cast lures, I re-start fishing from my floating tube. I found tremendous amount of wood chips on the water surface due to the heavy rain caused by the last typhoon, but fish were very active. I could catch a lot of bass with many kinds of lures.





I guess this fish was the largest among all I caught. I caught it just before I was about to stop fishing. Not so big, but it was a good fighter. I used a lighter rod than usual, so it was very enjoyable to catch it.



Tackle I used: ABU Ambassdeur 5500CA, Daiko Prestige PBC-56L, Stren 14lb (Low-Vis Green), Heddon Big Bud, Wounded Spook, Chugger Spook, Zara Spook, Hula Popper, Pico Pop, Pico Slasher, etc. 

BF=7/18

No comments:

Post a Comment