Saturday, April 14, 2012

Got skunked, three times in a row

The cherry blossoms start to fall in our area, which may suggest that my bass fishing season should be started. However, it seems I have had no good luck about weather this season. It was very cold (almost sub-zero) last Saturday, and it was rainy today. Anyway, I got skunked three times in a row. I visited two ponds from early in the morning, but could not get even one bite. I was totally discouraged.

After I got home, I overhauled an ABU reel (Ambassadeur 5500CA) that I recently got. I exchanged a few damaged parts, cleaned inside and outside the body, and oiled the gears. This old reel is a little heavy because the frame is made of brass, not aluminum, but still works smoothly. ABU reels made before the early 1980s are really rugged.



Today's tackle:
ABU Record 5000 (BLK), Phillipson Challenger (9055 rebuilt), Stren 14lb (clear), Gilmore Hoodler, Original Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, etc. 

BF=0/3

No comments:

Post a Comment