Saturday, July 1, 2017

Muddy water after heavy rain

We had heavy rain yesterday, and I was afraid ponds and lakes around my place got muddier than usual. Not surprisingly, water conditions I visited were too bad. In the first pond, I got no bites just before I finished fishing there. I was using chartreuse and hot tiger lures to match the muddy condition, but it didn't work at all, so I changed to a black one, Heddon Wounded Spook in XBW color, to enhance contrast. Then, I could finally got a hit and could catch a small bass in the last spot I cast. 


In the second pond, fishing was slow, too, though only bluegill were active. They pecked my frog a lot of time, and I was confused to see which one was that of bass. When I set ha hook hard, a small bluegill was hooked with a single hook of my frog. This was the first time in my fishing life to catch a bluegill with a single-hooker weedless frog.


By the way, I recently bought a new fishing tool. It is a portable case for wasted lines. I always put wasted (cut) lines in my tackle box, and had to clean it after I get home. This tool is nice to keep both your box and field clean!



 

Today's tackle: ABU Amassadeur 5000C, Fenwick Boron-X XC-554, Stren Clear Blue (14lb), Jointed Jitterbug, Heddon Zara Spook, Zara II, Lucky 13, Wounded Spook, Harrison Super Frog, etc. 

BF=16/28/23

No comments:

Post a Comment