Friday, July 28, 2017

Hula day

I took a day off today and went fishing. It's high summer now, and I believe poppers and chuggers are best for this season. I first caught a nice bass with a Chugger Spook before dawn.

Then I changed lures to a Hula Popper in orange/red coachdog color, and kept using it with so called "slow and steady" method. This surprisingly worked fine, and I got a lot of bites.


I felt greatly pleased to be able to catch multiple fish, but for some reason I decided to keep fishing a little more (maybe it clouded over). I cast it just near a fallen tree, waited until all the water ripples disappeared, and gave popping actions very slowly and steadily to irritate bass. A big bang! A big bass grabbed my Hula Popper, and rampaged to put up a great battle. I immediately felt it was the big fish I had to catch by all means. It fought hard, but I finally caught it. It was a 4 or 4-1/4 lb class nice bass (my season's best).



After I caught this fish, I tried Original Zara Spooks I've recently got. They also worked fine, and I could catch more bass. It was a great fishing day to be able to catch a total of eight bass (and a bluegill) in a day.
 


Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000C, Phillipson #705, Stren Clear-blue 14lb, Heddon Chugger Spook, Original Zara Spook, Fred Arbogast Hula Popper, Pflueger Globe, etc. 
BF=20/32/35

No comments:

Post a Comment