Friday, September 12, 2014

Really messed up

I took a day off today to prepare for a marathon race on Sunday. The starting time of it is extremely early (04:30 AM), so I've been trying to go to bed and get up as early as possible this week. I also got up early today, and went fishing for only a short time in the morning.

The first failure I made was that I lost an old lure. I seldom lose lures, and the last time I did so was more than 10 years ago, as far as I remember. The lure I lost today was a Heddon Wounded Spook in L, which I recently got from an auction. I cleaned it, changed hooks and props, and was looking forward to fishing with it.




I started fishing with the lure. When I cast it to small spot near a bank and waited for several seconds, a nice fish (I could not catch it but I saw the green back of it) grabbed it with a big blow-up of water. I set a hook hard, but I felt almost no response. Yes, the fish had gone with my lure on the mouth. I'm afraid my line was tangled with a prop before I set a hook. I should have been much more careful. I was totally discouraged, and hoped the fish would successfully unhook the lure to survive.

Soon after this unlucky accident, I caught a couple of bass, but all were small.



The second one was that my float tube got a hole presumably by a lure hook. I remember it got hit just after I started fishing, but was not thinking it got punctured. About 10-15 minutes later, I noticed the air inside the tube come out little by little. I did know it would take hours for my tube to be flat (it is a well-made tube using a good rubber), but I stopped fishing just to be safe. 

Now, I'm hoping these bad lucks will bring good luck on Sunday. 

 

Today's tackle: ABU Ambassdeur 4500AL (another good reel), Daiko Prestige PBC-56L, Stren Hi-Vis Gold 12lb (I used 12lb, not 14lb, on this particular day!), Heddon Wounded Spook, Chugger Spook, Hedd Hunter Minnow (w/ prop), etc. 
BF=9/20
     

No comments:

Post a Comment