Saturday, July 12, 2014

Nice fish

I got up at 02:50 AM today, and left home at 03:30 to go fishing.
I was already on the water before dawn, and wanted to start fishing as soon as possible. I, however, had a very hard time to tie line on my lure. This is partly because of my aging eyes, and partly because of the visibility of my lines. This year, I'm out of Stren Hi-Vis Gold lines in stock, so I use Low-Vis Green ones most of the time. For me, Hi-Vis Gold is much better all in all.

At last, I could start fishing. I fished with a Heddon Big Bud during dark hours, and changed lures one by one. My favorite lures such as Original Zara Spook and Chugger Spook didn't work fine.
 
At around 04:40, I long-cast a Pico Slasher into a shallow shore area (ca. 1ft depth), give it a long pause, and softly twitched it a few time. Then, a big blow-up occurred. The water splash was so big that I was afraid a catfish. It was a good fighter, and, fortunately, it was a bass. I got a real kick out of catching it.


 



Today's tackle: ABU Ambassdeur 5000 De Luxe, Fenwick SP634, Stren 14lb (Low-Vis Green), Heddon Big Bud, Original Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Timber Rattler Minnow, Hula Popper, Pico Slasher, etc. 

BF=6/14

No comments:

Post a Comment