Saturday, June 28, 2014

Too windy

I went fishing in Lake Biwa.
I believed it would be a calm day (= good for topwater fishing) as the weather forecast reported, but it was too windy to enjoy fishing. I drove to a small cove located in the northern part of the lake, and managed to start fishing there from my canoe. However, unfortunately the wind direction matched the entrance part of the cove, and water surface was choppy there, too. I expected the wind would quit, but it would not.


Under such conditions, quiet lures would not work fine. I jerked my lures much harder than usual, and I could catch one small bluegill and one small bass, but that's all. It was good I did not get skunked, but my fishing hours were much shorter than my driving ones all the way to and back home.

  
After I'm back, I replaced rubber parts of my paddles. They're named 'drop rings', which cut down on water drops from dripping from the paddling ends. My old ones were deteriorated by age, so I bought a pair of new round rubber caps for tables. Then, I cut a hole inside of each cap to use in place of the old ones. I'd like to set the paddle shaft into them next time.




Today's tackle: ABU Ambassdeur 5500C BLK, Fenwick Boron-X (custom), Stren 14lb (Low-Vis Green); Ambassadeur 5500C (Palming), Fenwick HMG HFC-555, Stren 14lb (Low-Vis Green); Ambassadeur 5000 CDL (high-speed), Fenwick HMG GTC-724J, Stren 14lb (Hi-Vis Gold); Original Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Wounded Spook, etc. 

BF=5/12

No comments:

Post a Comment