Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lost a camere, but recovered

It was my unlucky day, but I could minimize the damage.

I went fishing from early in the morning, and I broke the tailgate hatch of my car by my mistake. I put a magnet light on it when I prepared my fishing tackle, and I closed the gate as it was. One of the lift support shock popped out of the socket, so I had to have a hard time to keep the gate open. Anyway, I fished in the first pond and got skunked.

Then, I went to another pond and kept fishing. I could caught a bass (not so big), but when I tried to take a picture of it, it went away from my hand. Maybe it was when I dropped my camera in the water, but I didn't notice it. I fished for about one and half hours, and on the way back from fishing I found I lost my camera.

As soon as I got home, I went to my car dealer and had them fix the tailgate. Then, I went back again and started making a recovery tool for my camera. I opened my saltwater fishing tackle box, and took a sinker, old braided line, and old large treble hook. I connected them to make a gaffing tool.

 
In the afternoon, I visited the second pond again and followed the same course as the morning on my floating tube. I kept gazing into the bottom of the water all the way, and finally I could find it! I got the special tool from my wader pocket and tried picking up the camera several time. Fortunately, it was a fine calm day and I managed to gaff the strap of the camera! I slowly retrieved the line and could recover it. It is a waterproof camera, but was in the water for hours, so I cautiously turned it on. Yes, it worked fine. I got extremely tired and am now suffering backache, but am very happy not to lose anything.



Today's tackle: ABU 5000 DL, Fenwick SP634 (custom), Stren 14lb (Low-Vis Green), ABU FIVE, Daiko Prestige PBC-56L, Stren 14lb (Low-Vis Green), Original Zara Spook, Lucky 13, Chugger Spook, Meadow Mouse, Hedd Hunter Minnow (w/prop), Pico Pop, etc.
BF=2/4

No comments:

Post a Comment