Saturday, April 19, 2014

Let's start off with a Pico Pop

Last night, I decided I would take my favorite tackle for a switch, and exchanged lines.
I got up 03:00 at 03:00 a.m. and went out for fishing. I was already on the water at 04:40, and started fishing at first light.

For about one hour, I got no bites, saw no fish, and felt no reactions at all from any aquatic animals. The water surface was still and calm, and I was thinking this pond has no lives.

Then, in a shallow area, someone suddenly knocked my fin under the water.
I was awesomely surprised, but when I looked in the water, my eyes met a big female bass. I thought she was protecting her bed against an enemy floating on the water using a strange tube, so I said, "I'm sorry. Have a good spawning!" and I hurries off there.

About half an hour later, I decided to cast a Pico Pop, one of my favorite lures.
All in all, this lure is a go-to guy. I cast it just near a fallen tree, gave it a few dog-walk actions, and then the water surface blew up. I set a hook hard twice, and enjoyed the fight with the fish. It was not a huge fish, but definitely the first fish I caught this year. Size doesn't matter at all.


 
Today's tackle: ABU Record 5000 (BLK), Phillipson Challenger (9055 rebuilt), Stren 14lb (Clear/Blue Fluorescent), Pico Pop, Heddon Zara Spook, Original Zara Spook, Lucky 13, Magnum Torpedo, Chugger Spook, Gilmore Hoodler, Cotton Cordell Red Fin, etc. 
  BF=1/3

No comments:

Post a Comment