Sunday, November 24, 2013

The last chance? Maybe

It was very warm yesterday, so I expected that fish would get active today. I got up early and went fishing in the morning. The pond I fished in is located in a mountainous area, and the air temperature was almost as low as the freezing point, though water temperature was rather warmer. I wore so heavy layers of clothes that I didn't feel chilly, but my fingertips ached with coldness for the first time in this fall.  

I tried to fish as slowly and steadily as possible today, and used a wood lure, Gilmore Hoodler, to give a kind of irritating action to fish. After several casts, I saw a very small change on the water surface, and when I retrieved my lure, I fortunately caught a bass (automatically hooked).


Then, I tried faster actions as usual, but I got no reactions for a while. So I tried to take much longer pausing time. This worked well, and a big blow-up suddenly occurred when I fished around fallen glasses. I set a hook hard, and successfully caught another bass. It was not so big, but was a good fighter.


The irritating strategy worked again, and I got another good hit. It was also a good fighter, and I barely caught it (only one hook of the tail treble was hooked). The water was very clear and I could totally see how the fish swim, dive, and try to unhook in the water. 
It's already the late November, and ordinarily it's high time for me to winterize my bass fishing tackle. I felt very happy to enjoy fishing in this time of the year. 

 

Today's tackle:  
ABU Royal Gold LE, Daiko Prestige PBC-56L, Stren 12lb (Hi-Vis Gold), Gilmore Hoodler and Heddon Original Zara Spook.     
BF=18/29

No comments:

Post a Comment