Sunday, November 17, 2013

Don't know when to give it up

We had a few warm days this week, and it was very fine this weekend. I had a lot of chores yesterday and today, but I tried to finish them one by one, as quickly as possible, and finally I could spare time for fishing on Sunday afternoon. 

I did NOT expect to catch a fish, because it's already late fall. However, I wanted to go fishing to try my new camera and lens. I recently bought a super wide-angle camera, Kenko DSC880DW, and a wide-angle (fish-eye) lens, Bower 7.5mm f/3.5.

It was good for me that I saw a fish chase my lure just after I started fishing. Then, my incentive got big. When I cast a Heddon Hedd Hunter Minnnow (with a tail prop) near fallen reeds, a big blow-up occurred. I set a hook hard, and enjoyed the fight. I could catch it, and it was about 1-3/4 or 2 lb bass. I was totally satisfied with it (I took some pictures of it, but I deleted the files by mistake).

After I caught it, I could catch a few more bass and bluegill, though they were small. Anyway, I could enjoy the fishing very much, and I now don't know when I should give up my topwater bass fishing. I was planning to run a full marathon next week, but it was cancelled because the course was crucially damaged by typhoons in September. I'd like to try going fishing again next weekend.


Today's tackle: ABU 5000 DL, Fenwick Fenglass Lunkerstik 2053, Stren 14lb (Hi-Vis gold), Heddon Lucky 13, Hedd Hunter Minnow (w/ prop on the tail), etc. 
  BF=17/28

No comments:

Post a Comment