Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wounded Spook XRW

Today, I went fishing with a good friend of mine. We left my house at 04:15 and headed for a pond. Thanks to the heavy rain last week, the water level was recovered, but the water has become very muddy. Anyway, we started fishing.

 

I'm trying to work at double-prop lures as often as possible this fishing season (I'm not so good at them). At the dawn (05:30), I cast a Heddon Wounded Spook (XRW) to a flooded cement outlet, and when it got to the water, it disappeared into the water. I immediately set a hook and dragged the fish from there. It was very powerful and I first thought it may be a catfish, but I soon found it was a fat bass (48cm, about 1.7kg- 3-3/4lb). I'm very happy to catch with a prop lure, but on second thought, I may have caught her (yes, the fish was female) even if it was not a prop lure. I caught a couple of more bass, but they all were very small. It was a nice sunny fall day, and we enjoyed a lot.


Today's tackle:
ABU Ambassadeur Record (1984, Japan Special), Garcia Conolon (5-1/2 ft), Stren 12lb (Hi-Vis Gold), Wounded Spook, Chugger Spook, Zara Spook, Lucky 13, Bassassin, etc.
BF=13/19

No comments:

Post a Comment