Saturday, May 6, 2017

Expected calm rain

I expected calm rain in the morning, which often works good (of course I mean good for my fishing!) during this season of the year. I got up before 03:30 am and went fishing.

It was very cloudy and the sky was low, but was not rainy. Aquatic vegetation in this pond grew thicker and thicker, but I had no bites around weeds at all. When I got to an open area with a fallen tree, I tied an Original Zara Spook (GRA, hot tiger color), and slowly but accurately cast it to the back area. When the water ripple disappeared and I gave it a few dog-walking twitches, BANG, a nice bass jumped aside to my bait with blowups. I thought my hooking was a little early, but I could set a hook. Then I did it again just to be safe, because my rod is light. I enjoyed fighting with fish, and finally could catch it.



After catching this bass, I visited another pond but could not any bites at all. Much worse, I swamped my reel by mistake. The water there was very clear, but I wanted to clean up and overhaul my reel as soon as possible, so I finished fishing before 07:30 am.


Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000C (1975, beveled rims), Phillipson Pacemaker PC-56 (refinished, black thread), Daiwa Sight Surf #4, Heddon Original Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Lucky 13, Magnum Torpedo, Wounded Spook, Dying Flutter, etc. 
BF=6/15/9

No comments:

Post a Comment