Sunday, March 26, 2017

Just started

I got up 04:30 am, and went fishing. It was just a little bid warmer than last week, but I still felt frozen before dawn. In the first pond I visited, I got no reactions from fish at all, so I headed the next one.

Water color of the second pond was a little muddier maybe due to rainfall during last week. I expected good things, because I presumed muddy water had gathered more volume of heat than clear water. I cast my Chugger Spook (XRW) in a small spot near dried-up reeds, paused several seconds, and gave it a few dog-walk chugging actions. Something dark slowly and quietly jumped to my bait, and I set a hook hard twice. I tensely fought with the fish, but I could catch it easier than I was afraid. It was a nice bass, though a little skinny, but size doesn't matter at all. I'm now realizing the first bass in each season is always special for fishers, and of course for me, too.



Today's tackle: ABU Record 5000 (BLK), Phillipson Challenger (9055 rebuilt), Stren 14lb (Clear/Blue Fluorescent), Heddon Basser, 2nd Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Luhr Jensen Bass Oreno, Storm Shallo Mac, etc. 
BF=1/2/1

No comments:

Post a Comment