Saturday, October 1, 2016

By a nose

I'm going to run two marathon races, one each in November and December. I decided to work out harder from this month, and finish my weekend morning fishing as early as possible.

I did change lines with big expectation last night.The water levels in lakes and ponds in our area have got almost full due to rainfalls during last month. Groundlessly, I was very excited to have a good fishing.

  
I always want to start fishing before the first light of dawn, and started fishing around 05:30 (it's getting much later than summer!). I visited this pond for the first time in this one month. As soon as I started fishing, I noticed sobering reality just upon myself. I got no bites from fish at all! I was afraid no bass located near shore but off shore area. I change my lures many times, but only one reaction from fish was a faint knock on my Zara II from a small fish (maybe a bluegill).

I almost gave up catching a bass, and fished the last plain shore area partly covered with glass. I cast a Pico Pop just near the shore and slowly gave it two dog-walk actions. All at once, a big blowup! I set a hook and reeled without thinking anything. It was a nice autumn bass full of energies. I paid my respect to this powerful register. I felt very happy to be able to catch a bass by a nose. As soon as I got home, I changed clothing and jogged 20km in the morning.



Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000 De Luxe, Phillipson 3M B7L1 custom, Stren Hi-Vis Gold 12lb, Heddon Zara II, Chugger Spook, Zara Spook, Crabwiggler, Big Hedd, Whopper Stopper Hellcat, Pico Pop, etc. 
BF=32/44/86

No comments:

Post a Comment