Saturday, May 3, 2014

Heddon Magnum Tiger

I feel much better in my low back now.
I went fishing early this morning and visited three ponds. Maybe because of heavy rain we had last week, it got muddy and I got skunked in the first and second ponds. 

In the last one, I didn't feel I could catch a bass, either, and I almost gave up seeing a face of fish today. However, I finally got a bite in a reedy area and caught a small bass with a Heddon Magnum Tiger (L, perch color). I struggled but was happy with the fish.
In spring, minnow-like lures really work fine even when fish were slow.



Incidentally, I'm now running out of my stock of Stren Hi-Vis Gold lines in 12lb and 14lb, and mainly use Low-Vis Green lines. Green is also good, but I had hard time to tie a lure in the dark. Hi-Vis Gold and Clear/Blue Fluorescent are much better.



Today's tackle: ABU 5000 DL, Fenwick 2053 (Fenglass Lunkerstik),Stren 14lb (Low-Vis Green), Heddon Big Bud, Zara Spook (NLT), Original Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Magnum Tiger, Big Hedd, etc.
BF=3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment