Saturday, August 11, 2012

Worm?

Atmospheric conditions in our area had been unstable, and it was very cloudy from early in the morning today. I strongly expected good fishing when I started. Fish were very active, and I caught more than 10 bass in the first pond, though I had to take a break several times while it thundered. I enjoyed casting many different lures including a Garcia Mouse, one of my favorite mouse lures. Speaking of Garcia lures, their frogs are very famous, but they also made a mouse lure. As you can see from the pictures below, it is a cute rubber mouse. All I caught there were small bass, but I got a few nice hits from big bass (as far as I can tell), though I could not hook them up. I hope to catch them next time.

It was still cloudy when I visited the second pond, and I cast Mann's Hard Worm (a prop bait in nickel color) at the start, because it worked very fine in the first pond. I cast it near a fallen tree in the water, gave a few quick actions, and when I started retrieving the lure slowly, a nice bass grabbed it away. I carefully retrieved it, and I finally caught it (about 3-1/2 lb).  

Heddon Chugger Spook
Heddon Magnum Tiger
Mann's Hard Worm
Garcia Mouse
See the teaser and extra washers on the tail!

Today's tackle:
ABU Record 5000 (BLK), Phillipson Challenger (9055 rebuilt), Stren 14lb (clear), Heddon Chugger Spook, 210, Original Zara Spook, Wounded Spook, Shakepeare Glo-Lite Swimming Mouse, Garcia Mouse, Mann's Hard Worm, etc.
BF=10/18

No comments:

Post a Comment