Sunday, December 11, 2011

Finished a half marathon

I ran a local half marathon today. My goal is a full marathon held soon, so I just ran this race to condition myself. I tried to keep pace running until 18 km from the start, and then built up the speed and pressed on toward the finish line. My time was, 4'45"/km (0-5 km), 4'38"/km (5-10 km), 4'39"/km (10-15 km), 4'24"/km (15-20 km) and 4'03" (20- km), totaling 1:36:35 (net, my personal best). In the last 2-3 km, I still had some energy to go the distance, and I passed many runners (I was passed by only two, who both were women 10 km runners belonging to a different category from mine). In almost all the races I have so far run, I slowed down after hitting the three-quarters point, and I felt very sorry to hear 'Hang in there!' from the audience before the finish line. But not so this time. It was an exhilarating race for me.


I used Simms Windstopper Half-finger gloves today, and I find they're super good for not only fishing but also running during cold season.

No comments:

Post a Comment