Sunday, May 13, 2018

Nice bass with an XRW Zara Spook

I went fishing last weekend and got skunked. Yesterday, I went fishing carrying a new toy, GoPro Hero 5 Session (action-sports camera), and got skunked in a row. I'd like to report this nice camera later, as I haven't checked all the functions of it, yet, and can't fully handle it.

Anyway, weather reports said our area would have warm rainfalls today, so I decided to go short-time fishing again early this morning before the rain. I went went much less lures than usual. I started with a Crazy Crawler, but had no bites. Then I switched to a white-shore Zara Spook (older one) and carefully checked small spots one by one.

At one shallow spot set back from open area, I long-cast my Zara Spook. Fortunately, I could send it to a most-remote part of the spot, but unfortunately the presentation was with a little over-speed and I was afraid the noise of splashdown may have surprised fish. Then, I paused it much longer than I first expected until all the water ripples calmed, and gave it dog-walking actions slowly but steadily. Just as soon as it walked two times, it suddenly got under the water surface with a small blowup. It was time I had to set a hook hard and reel my line! I soon noticed it a nice bass because the fight was so hard. It really hold out until I landed it. It was a 4 1/2lb female bass, a late spawner for this area. I couldn't be happier to be able to catch it.

 
 
 

Today's tackle: ABU Ambassadeur 5000CDL (high speed), Fenwick SP634 (Custom), Daiwa Sight Surf #4 (yellow), Heddon Zara Spook, Crazy Crawler, Magnum Torpedo, etc.
BF=3/8/3

No comments:

Post a Comment