Saturday, April 14, 2018

Just restarted this weblog

I'd been too busy working in this past winter, and I couldn't spend much time thinking about and keeping this weblog. I'm still busy, but I'd like to restart it as 2018 fishing season has just started.

I went fishing early this morning. To tell the truth, I went short-time fishing twice in March and got skunked in a row. It was too cold for topwater fishing then and I felt frozen. It's got a little warmer this week, and I decided to go again.

I started fishing at about 05:00 am in a farm pond, and in an hour I fished almost all the near-shore spots except for one small inlet. I almost gave up catching a bass, but I tried a long-cast into a spot surrounded with submerged branches of a tree. The bait I tied was a Heddon Lucky 13 in green scale dace color (D), one of my go-to baits. I waited until all the ripples disappeared, and then twitched the dace a few times. BLOW-UP, and I saw a big bass lean forward to grab my bait! I set a hook hard, and felt a telling heavy response. The bait I used is with 3-treble hooks, and I believed it'd be hard for the fish to escape from the hooks. Finally, I could catch it, and I felt awfully glad with the first bass of this season.




Today's tackle: ABU Record 5000 (BLK), Phillipson #705, Stren 14lb (Clear/Blue Fluorescent), Heddon Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Lucky 13, Pico Pop, Cotton Cordell Boy Howdy (w/ props), etc.
BF=1/3/1

No comments:

Post a Comment