Saturday, April 18, 2015

Fishing in 'new' ponds

My fishing season has just started.
I got up at 03:00 today and visited two ponds, both of which were new to me and I fished in for the first time. In the first pond, I got a small bite, maybe an attack from a small bass or bluegill, but it was so faint that I could not set a hook on it. In the second one, I could see aquatic animals chase my lures. One was a big turtle (a red-eared turtle?) and it almost tried to take a bite at my lure. The other was a snakehead, which was also big. I wasn't thinking snakehead inhabited there and very surprised. I know they often break lures by their teeth, so I reeled lines very fast to show it that my lure was not a food! I got skunked in the end, but I could fully enjoy a few hours on the water for the first time in these five months.  


Today's tackle: ABU Record 5000 (BLK), Phillipson Challenger (9055 rebuilt), Stren 14lb (Clear/Blue Fluorescent), Heddon Zara Spook, Original Zara Spook, Lucky 13, Pico Pop, Crapshooter, etc.
  BF=0/1

No comments:

Post a Comment