Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chugger Spook XRS

We now have so called 'Golden Week Holidays' here. On Thursday, I wanted to go fishing, but the weather did not permit (very windy and cold). Yesterday, I tried to get up early to go fishing, but I forgot to set my alarm the previous night. Today, I could finally go out for fishing! I got up at 03:30 AM, drove my car, and was on the water before 05:00 AM.

This fish (3-1/2 lb) was the only one kindly playing with me. I caught it with a Heddon Chugger Spook in XRS color. I had exchanged the hooks to double ones to cast it into very narrow complicated spots, and this did a good job. 

I visited another pond, where I caught a nice bass last year, but could get no bites there. Today I used different outfits for a switch, ABU 5500CA, Fenwick Boron-X (XC-554), and Stren Hi-Vis Gold (12lb). They're all nice to handle with, and good for topwater fishing.

Today's tackle:
ABU Ambassadeur 5500CA, Fenwick Boron-X (XC-554), Stren 12lb (Hi-Vis Gold), Heddon Chugger Spook, Zara Spook, Zara II, 210, Pico Pop, Smithwick Wood Chug, etc.
BF=3/7

No comments:

Post a Comment