Saturday, November 5, 2011

The end of the season?

It has been very warm this past weekdays. My bass fishing season is about to be over, but I tried again today. I went to a pond in a woodland area, where I had to walk almost 1 km after I parked my car to get. It was a big job to carry all my heavy tackle including float tube and fins to go there, and I got sweaty inside my waders. I started fishing at 06:00, just before the dawning time. When I lightly cast my nose-line-tie Zara Spook for starters and it reached the water, I lost visual contact with it. Then, I just -- set a hook, and the line became tight. I find a nice fat bass swim on the other end of my line, and enjoyed the good fight. I did not expect to catch a bass by the first cast, but of course I felt very happy with it.


In the next point, another bass chased my lure and dived into water biting it. It was also a very active bass (a little smaller than the first one) and I was satisfied with catching two bass in this time of the year using topwater lures.


The leaves were still greenish around this pond. I may be able to go bass fishing a couple of more times this year, as we now have warmer fall days this year than usual. Thinking of last year, the last fish I caught was with a nose-line-tie Heddon Zara Spook, which suggests...?

 

BF=19/26
Today's tackle:
ABU Record 5000 (BLK), Phillipson Challenger (9055 rebuilt), Stren 14lb (clear), 1st Zara Spook, Chugger Spook, Lucky 13, Zara II, Wounded Spook, Meadow Mouse, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment